CINCINNATI, Ohio – The Bryant University men's tennis team defeated Xavier, 5-2, on Friday night to win its fourth-straight match.
Coach Gendron's Comments
"Great win at No. 2 singles by Alex to clinch. Quick turnaround tomorrow for Dayton."
How it Happened (Doubles)
- Bryant picked up the doubles point with victories at the top two spots.
- Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) and Grant Pertile (Edgartown, Mass.) won 6-3, while Guido Argentini (Boca Raton, Fla.) and Jorge Isaias Ortiz-Garcia (Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico) won, 6-3.
How it Happened (Singles)
- The Black and Gold closed out the match with victories at each of the top four singles spots.
- Kuhar cruised at No. 1, while Argentini battled back to win in three after a first-set loss at No. 3.
- At No. 2, freshman Alexander Schou (Holte, Denmark) earned a gritty 7-5, 6-2 victory to clinch the match.
No. 1 – Kuhar (BRY) def. Winters (XAV), 6-3, 6-2
No. 2 – Schou (BRY) def. Dykema (XAV), 7-5, 6-2
No. 3 – Argentini (BRY) def. Graft (XAV), 4-6, 6-2, 10-4
No. 4 – Ortiz-Garcia (BRY) def. LaFavre (XAV), 6-3, 6-2
No. 5 – Vrba (XAV) def. Pregel (BRY), 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
No. 6 – Lee (XAV) def. Forchetti (BRY), 6-0, 7-5
No. 1 – Kuhar/Pertile (BRY) def. Dykema/Winters (XAV), 6-3
No. 2 – Argenini/Ortiz-Garcia (BRY) def. LaFavre/Graft (XAV), 6-3
No. 3 – Lee/Vrba (XAV) def. Schou/Pregel (BRY), 6-0
The Bulldogs wrap up their Ohio trip with matches against Dayton (1 p.m.) and Wright State (7 p.m.) on Saturday.