HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. – The Bryant University volleyball team takes its four-match winning streak to Long Island for the Hofstra/Asics Invitational, as the Bulldogs face Syracuse Friday before matches against Hofstra and Binghamton Saturday.
Opponents: Syracuse, Hofstra, Binghamton
Match Times: Syracuse – Fri., 3:30 p.m.; Hofstra – Sat., 10 a.m.; Binghamton – Sat., 4 p.m.
Watch Live: Pride Productions
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Series History vs. Syracuse
The Bulldogs and Orange have met once before, as Syracuse took a four-set decision at Colgate, Aug. 25, 2012.
Series History vs. Hofstra
The all-time series is tied 1-1 between the Bulldogs and Pride – Bryant won the first meeting in 2010 at Army West Point, while Hofstra was victorious in 2014 at UConn.
Series History vs. Binghamton
Bryant won the only previous meeting in 2014 in four sets at Akron. Cassandra Sulmeisters (Centennial, Colo.) had eight kills and nine digs in the match during her freshman season.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant has won four straight matches with victories over Manhattan, Stony Brook, Brown and Holy Cross.
- Junior Julia Flynn (Pembroke, Mass.) tallied 13 kills on a .360 hitting percentage and added 15 digs in Tuesday's win.
- Senior Ally Lunsford (Minneola, Fla.) was named the Hampton Inn-vitational MVP last weekend, while junior Kirstyn Sperry (Phoenix, Ariz.) and freshman Erika Ward (Rochester, Mich.) were named to the all-tournament team.
- Lunsford matched her career-high with 14 kills in the win over Brown and had 10 or more kills in all three matches.
- Sophomore Brianna Bruny (Biscayne Park, Fla.) stands fourth in the NEC with a .342 hitting percentage.
- The Bulldogs rank 36th in the nation in digs per set at 16.93. Ward leads the team with 4.47 digs per set on the year.
- The Bulldogs have won 11 straight home matches and are 29-3 at the Chace Athletic Center since the start of 2015.
A Bit About Syracuse
The Orange is 6-4 on the year after a 3-0 weekend at Dartmouth with victories over the host Big Green, Sacred Heart and Iona. Santita Ebangwese was named MVP of the Dartmouth Invitational and leads the Orange with 2.53 kills per set on a .413 hitting percentage.
A Bit About Hofstra
The Pride is 6-5 and has won five of its last six, most recently defeating Seton Hall Tuesday. Luisa Sydlik leads the CAA and ranks 18th in the nation with 11.55 assists per set.
A Bit About Binghamton
The Bearcats are 3-7 after going 0-3 at Cornell last weekend. Gaby Alicea leads the America East with 3.49 kills per set and 4.06 points per set.